Please feel free to leave comments and I would love it if you would follow me. I am new to this, and finding it strangely addictive!!

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Day trip to London.

So as random as my blogs are, reflects somewhat as to how random I can be, and my partner too.  We woke up on Saturday morning and were going through the usual list of things we could do with our day: swimming, cinema, going into town, or boring household jobs that are always lurking there in the depths, but try to be avoided!!

We decided to do none of these and instead to have a day trip to London!  Something that I love to do.  It is a long and tiring day, but sooo worth it! 
So, I went to work for one hour as this was my shift that day (I am a support worker for adults with learning disabilities) and left my partner the fabulous task of getting the kids and the car ready and having a quick tidy up.

My mum came with us too and by the time I had got back from work she was here and off we all went on our road trip to London.  We always drive to Nottinghill and then park and get the tube to where we want to go.  We can get from where we live in Somerset to London in 2 hours 15 minutes, which is good going and without breaking any speed limits!
We got to Nottinghill, parked the car and walked to the tube.  We got the tube at Queensway and got off at Oxford Circus.  We went to London near to Mothers Day and visited the Natural History Museum, so today we thought that we would just go with the flow and go shopping and eat!! 

We walked and walked and looked around the shops and tackled the hundreds if not thousands of other pedestrians that were doing exactly the same thing!

We did the usual touristy streets, Oxford Street, China Town, Leicester Square, Covent Garden etc etc.

We decided to stop for lunch at Chiquitos in Leicester Square, a bit of a romantic reminiscence for my partner and myself as this is where we had nearly eight years previously been on a couple of our dates, as my partner used to live in Bayswater and I used to get the train up from Sussex to visit him.
I love Chiquito's, great food, great atmosphere and lovely memories.  ;)


After lunch and a quick nappy change, not mine obviously!  My 22 month old sons! We ventured back into Leicester Square and made our way to Covent Garden.  Stopping at the Croc's Shop to buy some Crocs for the boys.  They are quite pricey, but definitely worth the money and soo cute on tiny feet!!


We went to Covent Garden and my five year old son was nearly petrified when he put some money into a golden 'statues' basket and he came to life and then wanted to shake hands with my son.  He did eventually shake his hand but this
then scared our other son who started to cry.  Oh dear.




We did some more looking round shops, and then I spotted my beloved.  No, not my partner, Paperchase. (If you have read one of my previous blogs, you will understand my obsession with stationary and Paperchase)  I didn't go too over the top and managed to leave with just another notebook and pen. I was eyeing up the laptop sleeves, but they didn't have one that was the right size for my notebook :(


We then looked around Covent Garden Market and I bought two absolutley gorgeous prints of London, that we are going to frame and put up in the lounge.

Then we were feeling a little weary, and also with our bellies full of lovely food- we decided to get two bike taxis (I don't know the proper names for these, I'm sure there is one?!?) to Hamleys.  From Covent Garden this is quite a trek for two young turkish boys peddling with two adults and one child in tow on one bike, and one adult and a child in a buggy on another bike!
We arrived at Hamleys and the boys eyes lit up!  We spent nearly two hours inside this shop.  The boys exploring every possible toy that they could.  Eventually they both had picked a toy that they would like to buy and we bought them and left.  


Not really sure why, but the buses were busy and we decided not to get the tube, so we walked from Hamleys in Regent Street back to where the car was parked.  It took quite a while, but was enjoyable and did add to the fun of our day.  We also took a look around Queensway, which bough back a few memories.  

We left at at 10.15pm and got home at 12.30am, which included stopping for a bite to eat. 


Our feet may have hurt, and we may have been absolutely drained, but all in all, each of us had a fantastic and thoroughly enjoyable day and are looking forward to our next 'random' trip to London.


xxx





No comments: