So here I am, at work again and it's 1:04am. After having nearly consumed a litre of caffeine fuelled energy drink, I am what you may call slightly 'buzzing'!! But, I need the caffeine to enable me to stay awake!! I just hope that I don't one day suffer from the dreaded IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) that my dear mum suffers from. This would then involve me having to go 'decaf' on everything-so I think my night job would then come to an end!!
When I first started my blog, I was full of inspiration about things I could 'blog' about etc etc, but the stream has run dry for the time being and I am fresh out of inspiration. So for now, I am blogging the day to day stuff that is me, my life. Some may find this extremely boring, but at 1:09am - it is helping me to keep my eyelids from drooping and me nodding off with my head on kitchen table!
Maybe I should tell you a little more about me, but then it's always good to have a little air of mystery about yourself. I guess having a pic of myself on my blog profile and a blurb about me sort of takes that mystery away though doesn't it. So I have completely contradicted myself. Oh well!
Well I may as well write a bit about me then, that will make a few more minutes tick by on the clock.
1. My actual name is Sarah-Louise, but everyone has always called me Sarah, except my lovely uncle Denis, who calls me by my full name.
2. I'm 26 and am already seeing the signs of ageing on my face!
3. I have 2 gorgeous boys who are my universe.
4. Today my fiance and I have been together for an amazing 8 years. Trials and tribulations we may have had, but we've come out the other side smiling.
5. I eat almost every food under the sun, even if I don't like it I'll eat it, just to be polite! Although there is one exception to that- broad beans!! I detest them, they taste like rubber!!!!! (I don't generally eat rubber for a past time, but you catch my drift!?)
6. I am a happy size 12, I know that I will never be the size 8 I once was. My body just isn't designed to be that size/shape anymore.
7. I have just come to realise the importance of exercise and am now ritualistically jumping round like a complete tit for an hour a day on the Wii Fit! I do shut the curtains though, to spare the neighbours from the sight of me doing this! Although, maybe I should keep the curtains open and sell tickets!!
8. I get immense joy from watching my boys grow and learn things everyday.
9. I am ginger! And have endured many ears of ginger related taunts. Not so much now I am an adult, but people do seem to have an issue with gingers and I really don't get it. It's just a bloody hair colour!
10. I suffer from B.I.H. (benign intracranial hypertension). Google it, I can't be bothered to explain it and bore you!
That's enough about me...
My little man turned two last week. And I think he has now caught onto this fact and fully engaged himself in the role of being a terrible two year old! This morning he had a cup of milky tea and some toast. I left the room for literally two minutes to turn the washing machine on and when I got back, he had tipped the rest of his cup of tea on the table and was slapping it with his hands and all in the toast. The toast had turned to mush, the tele was covered in spots of tea, as was the wall, the curtains, the cupboard the carpet and the little man (or shall I say monster) himself!!
Next on his list of destruction was my basket of clean washing, he tipped it out so he could run around with the basket on his head!! Highly amusing for him, not so amusing for me, mummy dearest.
Next was him having a gigantic stinking poo in his nappy and refusing to let me change it. After 10 minutes he gave in and let me change him, but by then the whole of downstairs stunk to high heaven.
Now, my little man likes to try and be as independent as possible and if you try to help him when he doesn't want you to then God help you. He will shout 'No!' and scream until you are cowering in a corner, best just to leave him to it!!
I don't want to give you the wrong impression, these things are just the average toddler being a monkey, but when you put them all together, it sounds like he is the demon child. But he's mine and I love him to bits and wouldn't change him for the world.
I am going to sign off for now as my bladder is full to bursting.